Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Day of Tom Hiddleston. Midnight in Paris. Cannes.

I've just watched the movie "Midnight in Paris" by incredible Woody Allen. Oh, the film is maarvellous! ("The kiki is maarvellous") I've watched it certainly because of Tom Hiddleston. Then I've found out beautiful Marion Cotillard and Rachel McAdams take the parts there. In general, the movie's simply fabulous, "Midnight in Paris" received an enthusiastic critical response. For the next part of the discription let's go to the Wikipedia:
Taking place in Paris, the film follows Gil Pender, a screenwriter, who is forced to confront the shortcomings of his relationship with his materialistic fiancée and their divergent goals, which become increasingly exaggerated as he travels back in time each night at midnight. The movie explores themes of nostalgia and modernism. Thanks to the site, I'll continue. The movie mentions a lot of great people of that "lost generation": Francis Scott Fitzgerald (Tom Hiddleston) and his wife Zelda, Ernest Hemingway, Pablo Picasso, Salvador Dalí and others. 
BTW, the film made its debut at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival. "Midnight in Paris" won several cool prizes, including an Oscar, a Golden Globe and a Grammy. Isn't it great?
Well, the movie's blended perfectly with my thoughts about Mr. Fitzgerald and his Gatsby, Mr. Hiddleston and Festival de Cannes. A coincidence or destiny?


Soon I'll learn to distinguish films by Allen from others, because it's the 2nd movie by this famous director I've seen; the 1st one is "To Rome With Love" starring Alec Baldwin, cute Jesse Eisenberg, Penélope Cruz and Woody Allen himself. My mom and I was laughing a lot watching it.


What about other Allen's works, so I want to watch "Vicky Cristina Barcelona".
This is my second post for the day, and this is the second time I mention Tom Hiddleston. Let me remember what movies starring him I've seen:
  • The first time I saw Tom at all was "War Horse" with Benedict Cumberbatch. Hiddleston played Captain Nicholls, and I didn't know that cute guy is OMG TOM HIDDLESTON
  • The second time I ran into this actor was "The Avengers". I watched the movie with my friend in the cinema and told her: "Hey, I've already seen him with Benedict!"
  • Then I started to familiarize with the world of Marvel and the world of Tom Hiddleston, so the next movie I watched was "Thor". Generally, it's rediculous I watched "Thor", "Iron Man" and "The Captain America" only after "The Avengers". It's the nature of me.
  • And here goes "Midnight in Paris" - my today's exploration
I know there's a big BBC project "The Hollow Crown" based on the plays by William Shakespeare, and Mr. Hiddleston appears there as Henry V, but shame on me, I watched only the 1st part of the series - a film about Richard II played by Ben Whishaw. Yeah, now you know why I watched. When I was watching it I thought it's a little bit boring, but now I understand it's so great.


If you think I like every film I watch, so you go a wrong path. For example, I definitely dislike "Marmaduke". Definitely. It's dull in my oppinion.
Well well well, also today we talk about Cannes! Yesterday I scrolled through some photos from the red carpet of the Festival paying my attention to the dresses. I hope I'll find an idea for my prom's dress. Yes, I know it'll be only in a year, but time goes by so fast. So here's some looks I like:




The black dress on Audrey Tautou is my favourite. I'd like to have something like this, but not black. I don't know what colour I want, but not black. And yes, 2 last dresses look alike very much, but anyway they're different. Girls understand.
According to the title, here's some pictures for you, as usual. Photos of Tom Hiddleston from Cannes:




Moreover, while Thomas has fun in France, Ian Somerhalder had fun in Moscow a day or two ago. Today I'm going to watch a late night show with him.
Ouch, I promised you the song of the day... Let inject some Brazilian music in my blog, and I introduce Cartola with his song "Preciso me encontrar". Enjoy!



Be brave!




P.S. Who's sweet here? ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts