Monday, November 5, 2012

Cloud Atlas

A half-finished book is, after all, a half finished love affair
Robert Frobisher, Ben Whishaw's character from "Cloud Altas"


I AM IN SHOCK! Today I've watched "Cloud Atlas" in the cinema. It's impossible. It's already a legend for me. That film tells my own thoughts for myself about life, about our being here, about life of our souls. I adore the expression of George Orwell from "1984" about the books: "The best books, he perceived, are those that tell you what you know already". So I can tell it rephrasing about that unbelievable movie, "it tells me what I know already".
Going away from my exclamations, I'm putting here some info of "Cloud Atlas" from dear Wikipedia for you to know what I'm talking about:
Cloud Atlas is a 2012 German science fiction and epic drama film written and directed by Lana and Andy Wachowski and Tom Tykwer. It was adapted from the 2004 novel of the same name by David Mitchell. With a budget of $102 million (financed by independent sources; Warner Bros also paid $15 million to acquire the film's distribution rights in North America and select international territories), Cloud Atlas is one of the most expensive independent films of all time. The official synopsis for Cloud Atlas describes the film as: "An exploration of how the actions of individual lives impact one another in the past, present and future, as one soul is shaped from a killer into a hero, and an act of kindness ripples across centuries to inspire a revolution". The film consists of six interrelated and interwoven stories that take the viewer from the South Pacific in the nineteenth century to a distant, post-apocalyptic future.
I've wanted to watch that film from last year, I suppose, when I'd seen my lovely Ben Whishaw was going to take part there. I didn't know exactly what a film is it, because there was a so little information that time. So time by time I was wanting to watch "Cloud Atlas" more and more.
I like that every actor of the film has 3 and more character there. And Tom Hanks and Halle Berry have even 6 roles! Just amazing!
I will watch it again and again many times for sure! It's the greatest almost 3 hours!







My favourite "Cloud Atlas" stories are "The Pacific Journal of Adam Ewing", "Letters from Zedelghem", "An Orison of Sonmi~451" and "Sloosha's Crossin' an' Ev'rythin' After". Especially I was crying at love-line of Sonmi-451 and Hae-Joo Chang. AAAAhhhh!! 
If you want the song of the day, so listen to the soundtracks, they're adorable.


And I'm sure I should put the trailer here to make my post full.






2 comments:

  1. I felt the same. I takes everything from you, and expands your thoughts so far.. keep on writing.. Im just random person who was searching for Somni..

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts