Saturday, November 30, 2013

Bye, Bye, Miss November Pie. Ukrainian Gifts. A Cosmopolitan Bird


Yesterday my mom arrived! Yey! Unfortunately, she didn't bring me a dress, but still I got some little gifts.

Chocolate sweets

Autumn gloves. It's so pity it's already too cold
to wear them.

A triptych with archangel Michael (left), St. Olga of Kiev
and archangel Gabriel (right), and a pendant with St. Olga
American vitamins (from Ukraine to Russia)

And it's a little mouse (I was born in the year of Rat according to the Chinese astrology, and we assimilate rats and mice). It's so small, you can compare the figure with dirty keys of my laptop.


Also mom brought me "Marks&Spencer" underwear, Ukrainian money, a magnet and maybe something else, but I don't already remember.
At out latest lessons my English tutor teach me how to speak American accent. It's all like WATCHA GONNA DO NAW? LEDZ GEDDIT, BADIBILDAH! THAT GRRRLZ SOO HUT, BT NAT YORZ! But to my mind I don't feel like doing American accent - my (not so) undisclosed desire is British accent, of course. To me American accent seems dirty and viscous, like you're having something in your mouth; whereas British one is so clear and noble, there's no superfluous sound. But, probably, you have to be born British to speak like that, and American English is a language of the migrants, made of sounds, words and thoughts of million people from each country of the planet.
Well, December's coming up! What about November, so this year it's tried not to be my "last favourite month". The most important thing is that I haven't feel the season depression this time! Hurray! I can even dare to say this November's been pretty funny, as other months can be. 
Today there's been an annual multinational festival at our school in what I have participated for 4 holy years, and for the 5th year my prayers were heard and I haven't done any thing on the school stage in a weird "national" costume singing something reminding of Russian national songs. Everything I was doing during the concert is shooting a video and eating some Korean stuff (because our class teacher and a couple of classmates represented the Koreans, and they had to bring Korean food). I was so glad to see familiar faces performing Russian things and not to find myself with them. Well, I'm not about that I'm so unpatriotic - I'm really neutral about this nation stuff, I'm rather a cosmopolitan. I was simply shagged with that festival for 4 years in a row, and now I'm free. Free as a bird. As a cosmopolitan bird. 
And the song of the day is going to be "You'll Be Mine" by "The Pierces". Such a good song for the parting (even with November).



We could bring a blanket for the grass
Cover up your eyes so you don't see
If you let me go I'm running fast
One two three count one two three
We could watch the black birds cross the skies
We could count the leaves left on the trees
We could count the teardrops in our eyes
One two three yeah one two three
One two three yeah one two three
Now you know now you know
How I feel and I won't back down

Prick your finger on a spinning wheel
But don't make a sound
Drop of blood and now you're taken
For all time
With a kiss you will awaken
And you'll be mine you'll be mine you'll be mine

I could always stay and work it out
Wondering if you still wanted me
But there are so many things to doubt
One two three count one two three
Think that for a moment you were mine
I know that you saw what we could be
But then you went and changed your mind
One two three yeah one two three
One two three yeah one two three
Now you know now you know
How I feel and I won't back down

Prick your finger on a spinning wheel
But don't make a sound
Drop of blood and now you're taken
For all time
With a kiss you will awaken
And you'll be mine


Be brave


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts