Thursday, November 14, 2013

2014 Winter Olympics Torch

Our bearer
Due to the fact that somehow our region is part of Russia, our Shitville is right now having the great honour of having the Olympics torch carried around the city. All my school and I had voluntary-compulsory to watch a torchbearer running.


Me with freebie flags
Actually, I have two opinions about this local Winter Olympics torch relay. On the one hand, it's definitely cool I've seen the TOOOOORCH, the torchbearer, super-duper official cars, all those Olympics symbolics everywhere. Now I have something to tell about to my future children. ("Oh, I remember in 2013 I saw how the Olympics torch was bearing..."). But on the other hand, I'm totally dissatisfied with the way how we, pupils and teachers, were organized to go to the place where we've been standing to watch the torch carried. It was my favourite "much ado about nothing": we could just come there and watch, but no! we were put to the formation to go there in a perfect line, were waiting for some time enough to feel the frost of November. Yesterday our teachers even made us learn and rehearse some fan chants. Fan chants! At bottom of fact, our class teacher just shouted out a line and we had to repeat after him - just repeat what he'd said. Why did we have to rehearse it??! "It's Russia, baby!"

Madness at out school before going to the place
of watching
Well, anyhow, it's the Olympics torch - a real event for us. I can say nothing about if it's burnt out during the relay around our city; maybe, I'll tell you later. At least, free flags were granted. *not bad*


There's even a sign where each class would stand.
"11 B" (11 V) is ours
As I've written, the Olympics symbolics are everywhere,
even on a fencing tape.
Some of our class with our class master
And here's my video with the running torch bearer.


A bus with preparing bearers.
You can see a fresh ready torch in the bus
for the next bearer.

A crowd following the buses and the bearers.
SOCHI EVERYWHERE
Talking about songs, I know there's an official song of the Olympiad 2014 or even several, but I haven't heard any of them, and don't actually, for some reasons, want to. Today, before going to school, I was listening to Woodkid, and so I offer to make a song by him the song of the day. It'll be "I Love You".




Be brave!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts