Saturday, November 23, 2013

Books' Day

Yup, not to leave my Movies' Days all along, I probably add here on more subject day - a day about books. You know my love to reading, so I'll always have something to say. Or write, to be more exact. Today I'll tell you about what I'm fond of nowadays and what I bought lately. Here I go!
You know, about a year ago (last winter, I remember) I read "Angels and Demons" by the man of genius Dan Brown. It's the first book of the quaternary series about Robert Lengdon, a kinda awkward professor; but when he's in, the whole world should stop and stare how that guy solves those riddles. It's fantastic! And adding all my love to secret things, societies, symbols, mysteries of the religions, - and here goes on of my favourite literature series. Back to earth, now I'm fully into the second part of Mr. Lengdon's adventures, it's the most popular "The Da Vinci Code". The bestseller was shot as a full-screen movie, but screen-writers and directors made it as a first movie, and only after that they shot "Angels and Demons". I saw the both films, but I hardly remember "The Da Vinci Code", because it was so long ago, I was a little girl and closed my eyes every scary moment; and if you know what I mean, there's enough of such moments. And I think I didn't watch till the end that time (also because I didn't understand a thing when I was younger), so I don't know the end. Sure, I barely know who it's gonna work out, but I don't wanna spoil it to myself and it's so damn interesting to read anyway!
"Angels and Demons" movie I remember better, I watched it with my friends in the cinema. That time we liked physics really bad, therefore, of course, we were caught by the scene with the acceleration of the atoms in the Large Hadron Collider. What a maaagiiic! And generally the Large Hadron Collider is an unbelievable thing! I can hardly imagine how big (yeah, large) it is, and how it's so high-technological, and fascinating!.. Talking about "Angels and Demons", so watching the movie we all were thrilled by the Camerlengo, certainly. And when I read the book, I felt all those feelings again, with every little detail. If you asked me "What is better - the book or the movie?", I'd answer "I don't know", because I don't remember well the movies; at the same time they helped me to imagine the characters and views in my head while reading the book. So I can say that and the movies, and the books are now mixed in my head in one big composition, supplementing each other. I'll read for sure the next books "The Lost Symbol" and "Inferno" as well.
Talking about my latest purchases, they are Vladimir Nabokov's scandalous "Lolita" in the original language and a loose-leaf calendar "Italian for every day" to keep up my paltry knowledge.
Lo. Lee. Ta. Probably, one of the most controversial novel in the world, isn't it? One of two main characters is a girl become an idol and a devil by nowadays. I want to figure out who she is for me. I dare to call "Lolita" is an ancestor of "Fifty Shades of Grey" from the 20th century. Well, maybe, I'm wrong, but all these gossips... Anyway, for now I haven't read neither "Lolita" nor "Fifty Shades", so who am I to claim? My edition has a coquettish and a little bit provoking cover. Browsing through other covers in the Internet, I can admit that they all hint us about the same, even though every person around the world seems to have heard about the 12-year-old girl.


I haven't thought a lot about the song of the day - it's "Lolita" by gorgeous Lana Del Rey. "I know what the boys want, I'm not gonna play"




Be brave, read books!


P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MY DEAR DOCTOR WHO!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts