Monday, November 25, 2013

DOCTOR WHO 50th Anniversary

Here it comes.
I've just watched one of the best thing I could only imagine, a kind of things I always love and adore. It makes me cry and feel inspiration. It is "Doctor Who" 50th Anniversary special episode.


My favourite series ever started on the 23th of November, 1963. It's had many actors, many stories, many deaths and births. A number of generations have grown up with the series, and mine as well. This story is about an alien saving our holy planet from the villains and misunderstanding strangers. This story is about forms of friendship: friends, frenemies, lovers. The story is about how we feel and understand other people (not even aliens).



I started watching "Doctor Who" in 2008, when one Russian channel translated it and broadcasted in Russia right from the 1st season of so-called "new school". Of course, then I didn't know the history of the series, that it was a legend. I was just a girl loving fantasy and just noticing something interesting on the TV screen. "Oh, that's catchy" I thought (sure, I probably didn't think anything, I was just staring into the TV set and following the Doctor whispered "Run!"). That moment can be called determinant in my life-style. As "Harry Potter", music and Confucianism, "Doctor Who" is not just your favourite thing; it becomes a life-style, a philosophy of your life. In a noise you hear the TARDIS sound; a banana is a favourite fruit (no Freid); old fashioned cardboard 3D glasses is a sign; a bow tie is a favourite accessory. You argue with other whovians about a favourite Doctor, though we all know all the Doctors are fantastic, and all the Doctors are the same one Doctor. You hate and love Master at once ("Oh, he's so cute and sly!"). I've only started watching the old school, and to tell the truth I don't get the system: as I understood, a season has episodes, and those episodes have parts inside! "Bigger on the inside" thing! I hope one day I'll get through all the seasons of the old school "Doctor Who". And here's some my own facts about "Doctor Who" series:
  • Talking about my favourite regeneration of the Doctor, so it's, of course, the 10th Doctor (though, after John Hurt's one should we change the numeration?). Sweetie 10th Doctor is played by marvellous David Tennant. He played the role of his dream from 2005 to 2010 after Christopher Eccleston (and I'm so thankful to him, 'cause it was he who opened me a door to the "Doctor Who" world). 
  • My most not even favourite, but remembered moment during the series is parting Rose and Doctor. It was my 3 days depression. 
  • My favourite episodes (well, I'll try in short) are "The Empty Child"/"The Doctor Dances", "The Girl in the Fireplace", "Army of Ghosts"/"Doomsday", "Partners in Crime" and "Vincent and the Doctor".


  • My most scared episode is unconditionally "Blink".
  • My favourite companions are Rose Tyler (ever), Donna Noble, and Clara Oswald is not bad also.
  • My favourite villains are the Weeping Angels. The daleks are awesome too.

  •  

  • My favourite soundtrack is "Doomsday".

The 50th special episode touches all the Doctors and reveal the secret about the Doctor's greatest shame, about his biggest mistake - Gallifrey's fall. But... in the end it's not the fall, but a happy saving. Well, you shouldn't have read this, if you haven't watched the episode! (Oops)



The only thing I didn't like in the special episode is that Rose Tyler didn't participate there as a person and 10th Doctor's companion, but was a programme interface. Other way, it proves one more time that Rose is a companion Doctor's really loved.
And the songs of the day will be soundtracks from my lovely "Doctor Who".















There's the series' logos. The first belongs to the old school, and the others are the new school's. 











Be brave as the Doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts