Friday, November 22, 2013

15 Metres Of Madness

Yesterday was perfect: we had only 3 lessons instead of 6, and even at the last one we was just talking and watching a video. Today we also chanced not to have all lessons - only 4 of 5. But I've had a mission, a crazy one. And that's how it started...Our school already started preparing to New Year celebration. Every year teachers and pupils perform a play with little competition and a little-little disco in the end. So this year they decided to make a New Year's staging of "Alice in Wonderland" being guided by Tim Burton's movie. As usual, my class and I made up our minds not to get involved in this narcomania ans stay off choosing the roles. On figuring out our main organizer thought not to let me live free and easy and gave me that mission. And frankly speaking, I'm so glad I've had to do just that and not play a role of... Alice or anybody else! And so... my mission's been... to buy 15 metres of a white quilted lining. I can easily say it's for the costume, but I'm not sure for whom: hares, snowmen, gnomes or all together. But buying the lining is a half of the story. The main part is how I've bought it.
Yesterday the organiser asked me to go to the shop (we have 3 shops with the fabrics in our city, but she mentioned an exact one) and learn how a needed lining is wide and how much it costs. I did it and today morning told her all the information. But one thing I missed, and today, while I was trying to buy the fabric, I felt really sorry not to have done it. Turn back for today, after-school time. I was handed some money for buying a quilted lining and after having lunch I went to the very shop to make them happy for some roubles. When I got there and was ready to put my money on their desk, but an assistant saddened me with the fact of not having so many white quilted lining and that little piece among the samples is what's only left. I immediately took my phone and tried to call my class teacher to know the organizer's number, but his phone wasn't available. So, being typical me, I headed to the second shop, but there was only a little piece too. "Holy shit!", I though and went to the last shop. That shop has two sections with the fabrics, and I leaded to a bigger one - but there was only bright blue and green quilted lining. Ok, my last hope was a tiny section. And, as you can understand, of course, I find a required fabric there! Holy cow! 15 metres of madness. and they didn't have a big package! An assistant staffed a huge fabric into a little cellophane pack, and carrying it in my hands I came over many other sections in the shop asking if they had a big package. But being refused everywhere, I went home embracing not a boy, but a burden with a white quilted lining 15 metres long. 
And yeah, if you think that all my way I was going on foot, you're not right - I used buses 6 times. 6 times, 6 times a day!!
Here's my story. No song of the day today, let's keep silence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts