Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Retrospective

Today we've had less lessons than usually on Mondays, and that's great! I spent my extra time at home, doing nothing special (expect the thing below).
Yesterday, when I was looking for my lost wires for the camera and reader, I found an inviting red polka dot scarf. I got it from mom a couple of years ago, though I didn't wear it at all. But, perhaps, then I already knew I couldn't let that amazing thing get lost in times and rubbish. So, yesterday I took it out of my box and the rest of the day I spent thinking how I can wear it. You know, nowadays I'm under influence of the song and music video "Candyman" by Christina Aguilera and I like retro and vintage in general, so spin the scarf around my head and my neck all possible ways. In the end, today, before I've gone to my rehearsal with the choir, I've done a photo-set as I like. On handling the photos I've got awesome 'retro' photos.





What is retrospective itself? Generally it means to take a look back at events that already have taken place. I think, sometimes we really should do it to find a solution for something or to understand why things happen one way, and not another. Even Mr. Pitbull says in his song which I actually do like "Back In Time": But to understand the future we have to go back in time. Today at school I've written a work for a text which was about exactly retrospective and old things, memories. It said old things in some time may become really fashionable, and may cost expensive enough, even though almost everyone's had it earlier and just rid off of it. Time goes around, everything turns back and has the second life, even, for instance, my red polka dot scarf.
Also now there's fashion for old-looking, vintage photos (as I've done my ones above), and vintage style as well. Everybody knows lovely Instagram specializing in it. And one young american country music singer Taylor Swift even has made a whole music video in the style of "modern retro" (author's neologism). And exactly this song, which title is "22" is going to be the song of the day! *HIPSTERS TIME*


It feels like a perfect night to dress up like hipsters
And make fun of our exes
It feels like a perfect night for breakfast at midnight
To fall in love with strangers 



Be brave and end up dreaming instead of sleeping

P.S. The last episode of "Glee" is just entire WTF. And the last episode of favourite "Doctor Who" is really worth watching. I can say I've already loved the period of Clara Oswin Oswald. Aaah, guys, of course, Mr. Moffat and Co prepossessed my by making this episode about Russians and the fact they didn't show us as enemies or nuts. Although, some moments connecting with the Russian language and culture were funny for me as for a Russian girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts