Thursday, December 5, 2013

Ariana Grande

I decided to write this post about my latest "discovery" - a young and beautiful American actress and singer Ariana Grande. I should be thankful to Twitter's World Trends, because right there I saw her name for the first time and wondered who she was. But finally I made up my mind to get acquaintance with her only this week. Firstly I browsed the Wikipedia to see where she'd been shot and found "Victorious". I'd already heard about that series, but then I watched one episode. I can't say anything special about it, but Ariana had to dye her hair red to play her role of Cat Valentine, a pretty shallow and childish girl. Then I made the rightest decision to start listening to her and her songs with her live performance - it was "Tattooed Heart" at the AMA 2013 where she had won the award for New Artist of the Year. I immediately fell in love with the song and the voice; moreover I can't deny that Ariana is definitely beautiful, though sometimes she has a look like she's sorry, and in general she's so dolly-doll! I really liked her performance, nothing's superfluous, only elegance and the voice.


Then I watched her other works - music videos I mean. And from her official clips I wanna mark out "Popular Song" feat. Mika. They also both sang that song at "Dancing With The Stars" where Glee's Amber Riley participated and won (Yey!). But other works didn't catch me much. On watching "The Way" feat. Mac Miller I realized that I'd seen that music video on TV, but I also hadn't felt it keenly. 



But I absolutely loved her live performances. The singer admires Whitney Houston, India.Arie and Mariah Carey, so you can easily find some cover versions of  their songs by Ariana on her YouTube channel. And as Christmas and New Year are coming up, I'd like to point out to her cover on Cary's "All I Want For Christmas Is You".


Moreover, Ms. Grande has her own Christmas EP with nice holiday songs. I feel like sharing this one with you, about a weird situation for California - snow.



Generally, Ariana has 2 studio albums: her first experience "Yours Truly" and just mentioned by me "Christmas Kisses" EP. Talking about her personal life, now she's in a relationship with Nathan Sykes from my 4th favourite band "The Wanted" (OMG SO COOL)! They even have a mutual song called "Almost Is Never Enough" as a soundtrack for a movie I don't remember the title.


Here's my little Ariana Grande's review, if I may call it so :) The song of the day will unconditionally be "Tattooed Heart", I listen to it several days in a row.

You don't need a lot of money
Honey you don't have to play no games
All I need is all your loving
To get the blood rushing through my veins

I wanna say we're going steady
Like it's 1954,
No, it doesn't have to be forever
Just as long as I'm the name on your tattooed heart

(tattooed heart)
(tattooed heart)
(tattooed heart)
(tattooed heart)
(tattooed heart)
(tattooed heart)

You don't need to worry about making me crazy
'Cause I'm way past that
And so just call me, if you want me
'Cause you got me, and I'll show you how much I wanna be on your tattooed heart

(tattooed heart)
(tattooed heart)
(tattooed heart)
(tattooed heart)
(tattooed heart)
(tattooed heart)

Just as long as I'm the name on your tattooed heart

Wrap me in your jacket, my baby
And lay me in your bed
And kiss me underneath the moonlight
Darling let me trace the lines on your tattooed heart

(tattooed heart)
(tattooed heart)
(tattooed heart)
(tattooed heart)
(tattooed heart)
(tattooed heart)

Just as long as I'm the name on your tattooed heart



Be brave!


P.S. I was told that I'm a awardee for the municipal Olympiad for history! HISTORY!! So surprised! Typing 'awardee' I mean I'm not a winner, not just a participant without anything, but a prize-man. Probably, I'll be gift a flesh card by our city authorities. I also hope, I'll get good results for other subjects *fingers crossed!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts