Sunday, December 15, 2013

Bey and Jane

Part I. Bey

Unexpectedly, on the morning of December 13, 2013 Mrs. Beyoncé Knowles-Carter released her self-titled fifth studio album. Beyonce's fans could only dream of the album, but the singer gave all of us such a great present, because it's not just an album, but a "visual album" - every song has each own music video! I haven't watched everything, but I've already picked out my favourite song called "Jealous". The most interesting thing is that Mrs. Carter did no promotion, no advertisement, and therefore a new album just blew the Internet the fuck out. Amen.
I was gladly surprised having found such amazing names in the list of the producers as Jastin Timberlake, Sia and Ryan Tedder. Sia wrote nice "Pretty Hurts" for the album, JT is one of the authors of "Blow" and "Rocket" (and maybe, something else); what about Mr. Tedder, so earlier he had written unbelievable "Halo" for Beyonce, but I don't know which songs exactly he wrote.
When the album is sold in our Shitville, I'll definitely buy it. And here's some songs I liked too:





Part II. Jane

Since yesterday's evening I've been watching some filming of the novels by my favourite Jane Austen. Firstly, I watched the mini-series "Emma" from BBC starring Romola Garai (do you remember her in "The Hour"?) as the titular heroine Emma Woodhouse, Jonny Lee Miller (he appeared to be very handsome) as her loyal lifelong friend Mr. Knightley and Michael Gambon (Albus Dumbledore!) as Emma's father, Mr. Woodhouse. Probably, about a year ago I started reading the novel, but my education left me no time and I laid it off, unfortunately. And I didn't want to watch a screening still feeling like reading the story till the end. But yesterday I gave up and gave in on finding a pretty version by BBC, even though it took about 4-5 hours for me to watch the whole series: each episode was about an hour long.
Today I watched also BBC mini-series "Sense and Sensibility" (with 3 episodes). What a good story! And after watching it I can notice interesting mutual things in Austen's "Sense and Sensibility", "Emma" and "Pride and Prejudice": a main character is a young woman, a deceiving handsome man and a man, who seems to be annoying and bad, but turns out to be the most awesome and greatest guy. I'm right, am not I?
Right now I'm watching "Persuasion" (2007), and I won't insist on my "Austen theory" about the characters there, but who knows - I've watched only a half of that.
I've wept for every story, and, perhaps, "Persuasion" won't be an exception.

You can guess what is going to be the song of the day - cool "Jealous". Girls, we're all quite jealous, aren't we?

[Verse 1]
I'm in my penthouse half naked
I cooked this meal for you naked
So where the hell you at
Just one shot left of this drink, in this glass
Don't make me break it
I wish that you were me
So you could feel this feeling
I never broke one promise, and I know when you're not honest
Now you got me yelling that's because I'm jealous

[Hook]
If you keeping your promise, I'm keeping my word
Oh I'm jealous
If you keeping your promise, I'm keeping my
Oh I'm jealous

[Post-Hook]
Sometimes I want to walk in your shoes
Do the things that I never ever do
I take one look in the mirror and I say to myself
Baby girl you can't survive like this no

[Verse 2]
Take it one step further
Freakum dress out my closet
'yonce fillin' out this skirt
I look damn good I ain't lost it
And I ain't missed a beat
Boy you been hanging out tonight
I'm staying out 'til tomorrow
Been dancing on them tables ain't got no cares, no sorrow
I ran into my ex
Said what up to his bestest
Now we reminiscing how we used to flex in Texas
Don't be jealous

[Hook]

[Post-Hook]

[Bridge]
And I hate you for your lies and your covers
And I hate us for making good love to each other
And I love making you jealous but don't judge me
And I know I'm being hateful but that ain't nothing
That ain't nothing
I'm just jealous
I'm just human
Don't judge me

[Hook]


Be brave, read and listen to good things

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts