Sunday, August 11, 2013

Movies' Day. Part III


A day before yesterday my mom and I watched an old Russian movie "Window to Paris", 1994. The film is about the Russian people having found a window leading from St. Petersburg to Paris. They found there adventures, obstacles and love. Unfortunately, the window closed one day, but there still was a hope to find another one. The film shows real life of Russia, and it hasn't changed in 20 years, actually.


Yesterday I had really a day of movies. Firstly, I watched "A Cinderella Story: Once Upon a Song". It's a sequel to the 2004 film "A Cinderella Story" and the 2008 sequel "Another Cinderella Story" (I've watched both), again reprising the same themes and situations but not containing any characters from the earlier movies. I just wanted to watch something easy and naive, so here coming this - classic plot. But this movie's more connected with the songs, as you can understand, whereas "Another Cinderella Story" works with the dance, and the first Cinderella Story is just a modern version of the tale.
Talking about yesterday's "A Cinderella Story: Once Upon a Song", so actors were sweet, songs were nice, the end was good, love, kindness, friendship.



Then I watched modern version of "Three Musketeers" starring Matthew Macfadyen, Logan Lerman, Milla Jovovich and Orlando Bloom. Even though the film received negative reviews from critics, I liked it. The movie's pretty fine, a good thing to while away the evening. It was nice for me to watch Matthew Macfadyen again, I've been loving him after watching "Pride and Prejudice" with Keira Knightley. And Mr. Lerman - what a cute guy. And Orlando Bloom - keep on remembering Keira Knightley - probably, it's my second movie after "Pirates of the Caribbean" with Orlando. And Milla Jovovich, she's not my type LOL



Finally, my last film for yesterday was "Great Expectations", 2012 with Jeremy Irvine. I remember that guy for the main role in "War Horse". The movie's based on the classic book with the same name by Charles Dickens; the story is about the orphan Pip who has grown in out-of-the-way place is about to become a real gentleman. He gets money, but from strange people; he falls in love, but in a strange girl. What about the cast, there's also unbelievable Helena Bonham Carter, amazing Ralph Fiennes and awesome Robbie Coltrane - all of them you know for what? "Harry Potter", of course. Here in the Russian Internet we call it "British communal flat". All in all, I liked the movie. I adore this kind of films basing on classics: "Pride and Prejudice", "Jane Eyre", "Anna Karenina", "Becoming Jane" (though it's not a classic novel, but a movie about a classic author), "War and Peace", and now "Three Musketeers" and "Great Expectations".



The song of the day will be a dubstep song "Drop The Other" by Emika. It's a slow beautiful song, which has been turning on and on in my head for about a week already.



I'm so

Stupid and foolish I dropped the other to be available now
Where are you to keep the confidence?

I'm so
Stupid and foolish I dropped the other to be available now
Where are you to keep me faithful?

My oh my oh my
Did I drop the other
Why oh why oh why

You make it look so good
The way you put it like that
Yes I know we could
So shall we?
From the very first time
I could see in your eyes
They showed me everything
I need was waiting

Yes I always work hard
I can make you flip out
You see now I got nerve
For asking what I'm worth
If you really got faith
Then I know you'll invest
Hold your money up high
Waving and smiling


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts