Friday, August 9, 2013

Electra Heart

Lights, they blind me
Marina And The Diamonds, "Electra Heart"

There's a time for the Diamonds - all the fans of gorgeous Marina And The Diamonds. As she promised, a big thing happened yesterday, on 8.08.2013 - the era of Electra Heart ended. It had lived exactly for 2 years - since 8.08.2011 till yesterday (BTW, the 8 of August is a day when Marilyn Monroe was buried). Marina created a character, mysterious and obvious at once; this character reminds me so much a character of one of my favourite books "The Lollipop Shoes" (or "The Girl With No Shadow" in the USA) - Zozie de l'Alba. I want to believe Marina read this book too and got inspired with it, because listening to "Teen Idle", "Seventeen" (though it's not EH) and other songs I imagine the events of the book.
Why do I know this is the end of Electra Heart Era? Just because yesterday Marina downloaded a music video for the song with the same name, where all her musics videos of the era are mixed together. It is so wonderful! The song of the day. The song of the era.


Also recently Katty Perry killed her "Candy Perry", her image of Lollipop and era of "Teenage Dream", and now everybody is waiting for her new single "Roar" and new album "Prism". So do I. Wait just 3 days. THREE DAYS TO A NEW ERA.




And, of course, you all know about honey Gaga with her forthcoming "Artpop". The lead song "Applause" will appear with the music video on 19th of August. Oh God, so many things at the same time, at the same August!
There's one more thing among the news. Now we know the new 12th Doctor! This is Peter Capaldi. I haven't watched any movie or series with him, but I'm already so happy to see him as a new main actor of Doctor Who. Yeah, sweeties, I don't like much Mett Smith as the Doctor, he hadn't even watched the series before he became a main character of it. And at least, Capaldi has eyebrows.
Well, you know the song of the day, and I've written down the lyrics.


I'm Electra, I'm Electra Heart
Only living, living in the dark
Lights, they blind me.
Can we go back, go back to the start?
Where the holy father made his mark?
Lights, they blind me.
Can we go back?..
Lights, they blind me.
For forgiveness you could always pray,
That the sickness, it could go away.
Lights, they blind me.
At the altar, would you pay the price?
Would you give your, would you give your life?
Lights, they blind me.
For forgiveness...
Lights, they blind me.
Lights, they blind me.



♡Be brave, be Electra Heart♡

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts