Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Lullaby Of The Lost Generation

As I planned, I've just finish reading "The Great Gatsby" by F. S. Fitzgerald, consistently ranked among the greatest works of American literature. I've read it easy, because in my oppinion the film coincides enough with the book. Of course there're some small interesting things, such as a fact that Tom's blond, a scene with introducing Daisy's daughter Pammy to Nick and Jay, dialoges between Nick and Jordan (she's actually blond too), a long episode of Gatsby's funeral and Carraway's thoughs after that. To tell the truth, the description of the funeral with my imagination has made me feel down. But I'm glad I've read it. I dare to compare the novel with Mikhail Lermontov's "A Hero Of Our Time", draw a parallel between these two books; after all, Jay Gatsby was a hero of the Jazz Age. The whole novel depicts the "Lost Generation" in a wonderful way.
Talking about the jazz, so the song of the day will be a beautiful song "Lullaby Of Birdland" by the Queen of Jazz Ella Fitzgerald. Why did she have the same surname as Francis Scott? I don't know, because the main thing here is the song.


Oh, lullaby of birdland that's what I
Always hear, when you sigh,
Never in my wordland could there be ways to reveal
In a phrase how I feel

Have you ever heard two turtle doves
Bill and coo when they love?
That's the kind of magic music we get from our lips
When we kiss

And there's a weepy old willow
He really knows how to cry
That's how I'd cry in my pillow
If you could tell me and just say goodbye

Lullaby of birdland whisper low
Kiss me sweet, and we'll go
Flying high in birdland, high in the sky up above
All because we're in love

Lullaby, Lullaby

Have you ever heard two turtle doves
Bill and coo when they love?
That's the kind of magic music we make get from our lips
When we kiss

And there's a weepy old willow
He really knows how to cry
That's how I'd cry in my pillow
If you could tell me and just say goodbye

Lullaby of birdland whisper low
Kiss me sweet, and we'll go
Flying high in birdland, high in the sky up above
All because we're in love

Coming back to our lost generation, so I've also watched the secong part of "The Hangover". It has many links to the 1st part, so probably it's the reason why many people like "The Hangover Part II" most: old jokes + new jokes = twice jokes. Maybe, I'll chance to go to the cinema for "The Hangover Part III", who knows...



And guys! Today's the Birthday of my Tumblr blog! It's been a year already since my hair started to bring mess into the world. Hey! :D



On this inspiring note I'm leaving you. Be brave!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts