Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The Engish Fest

Today's English festival wasn't a festival where you could easily get beer, dance with adorable ladies and have fun with your good old buddies. Was it so because the fest was for... pupils? Oh, most likely. But I'd rather had a glass of beer than was sitting there and listening to those criminal things many children did.
So, all the participants were separated into 4 groups: acting, singing, presenting projects and something else, whatever. You may guess without a hitch, I joined a group with singing guys. There were performers from 10 to 17 year old singing in English, French (I could've learnt a song not only in English!!) and even Japanese and Korean (guess what song was sung in Korean, you have time till the middle of the post). Almost all of the participants couldn't sing well, but some of them decided to sing such difficult songs, I don't sing those songs even in the shower! More exactly, I talk about "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston, "Rolling In The Deep" by Adele and "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion. You should agree with me, these songs are really hard to sing, especially if you're a 13-year-old girl. Furthermore, the girl performing "Rolling In The Deep" didn't even care about learning the words! Hadn't teachers checked their students before the fest??!
And here go a couple of tricks I even decided to take a photo of. These children sang "What Does The Fox Say?"... the beginning of the song, at least. But when the very moment of people's excitement came (the chorus with WAKA WAKA WAKAKA and all that jazz), the tune turned into... "If you happy and you know it, clap your hands" CLAP CLAP MOTHERFUCKER. As I told you - many performers sucked.



The next guy I wanna present to you slew the audience to the hell!! But photos first.


Yey, I'm sure you've understood what this boy performed! Yup, he was brave enough to have learnt all the Korean words and then to perform the awesome "Gangnam Style" in front of everyone. How brilliant! Of course, he wasn't such a good singer, but he didn't need it. All in all, his performance was funny and pleasantly interrupted my reading.
What about my performance, so I liked how I sang. Unfortunately, my mate left the auditorium before my appearance on the stage, so I wasn't photographed. But I didn't make any mistakes (HURRAY, BITCHES)! Before the festival I thought my song, "You" by "The Pretty Reckless", would be a little bit boring and tedious for audience. But after all those awful performances of people with no voice, I came to the conclusion like: "Well, that's ok, my song's pretty nice". I almost didn't mess up my playing the guitar, so I hope people enjoyed me singing as well. But you're gonna have "You" by the original band as the song of the day!



You don’t want me, no
You don’t need me
Like I want you, oh
Like I need you

And I want you in my life
And I need you in my life

You can’t see me, no
Like I see you
I can’t have you, no
Like you have me

And I want you in my life
And I need you in my life

La la la

You can’t feel me, no
Like I feel you
I can’t steal you, no
Like you stole me

And I want you in my life
And I need you in my life

La la la la 

That's all about the English (and not only English) fest. 
Yesterday, as I planned and promised, I sincerely tried to record "Give Your Heart A Break", but I never did. I screwed it up every time forgetting the lyrics or chords. Maybe, the next time I'll be luckier.
Tomorrow mom asked me to join her to visit my elder sister - one of her daughters will have her birthday. It's kinda an obligation for me, I hate sister's village, I'm not in a good relationship with my sister herself, and I'm not a good aunt, Lord, forgive me. But during the trip I'll chance to read "The Picture Of Dorian Grey" in a good way *such an optimistic girl*.
Well, my vacation isn't a vacation at all. I've already had something to do every freaking day till the end of the week. Will I be lucky to sleep without the alarm clock next Monday?





Be brave, sleep well

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts