Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Countryside As I Know

Today I had to visit my not-so-dear elder sister due to the birthday of her younger daughter. It wouldn't be too bad, if my sister and her family didn't live in a tiny village! The village's called Taranay, don't even ask me what it means - I have no idea. So I pick here a map, you can see what way my mom and I had to follow from our sweet Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk to Taranay.


For me, such a city girl, countryside is the least favourite place to stay for a long time. Of course, there's an exception for every rule, and there are some places in the country which can be visited by me (although one of such places was a centre of Sakhalin's life long-long time ago). But if you make a formula "my sister + little children + low literacy + countryside", I can't bear an hour there. Really. Thankfully to my patience and love to mom, I'm able to spend waste there even more hours.
Mom's choice of the coat wasn't the best for those roads
Why don't I love countryside? It's boring for me. There aren't many things in the world that can bore me, but the country has the first place in my list. Somehow nature and low industry doesn't make me feel pure and open to the energy of the world. Well, maybe it's only about Russian countryside. I visited Japanese provinces, and they were as civilized as central regions. But certainly they are also boring if comparing with big cities full of life. But our Russian provinces with dying wee towns, half-broken houses and half-broken people make me feel entire sorrow of the world, all the lack of the Government's attention. Yeah, they got sea, air is purer there, people may be kinder, but so what? I don't like sea too much to sacrifice my city nature. And all the country population haven't heard of the rules of the Russian language.
Talking about the case of my visiting Taranay, so my younger niece turned 3... I suppose. Well, in general my sister has 2 daughter, the elder one will turn 5 this year. The girls' names are Milena (elder) and Milana (younger), and this difference in just one letter between the names drives everyone crazy. Sooo, Milana's actual birthday was yesterday, but arriving of their grandma (our mom) at their home is always a holiday, and today it was even dedicated to one child's birthday, so blah-blah-blah, my nieces were extremely happy to see their grandmother, and I'm not sure they react to me anyhow. Well, I'm not a good auntie as well, so I don't give a thang; they don't bother me - I like them enough. Anyway, I did a big present for the girls! I brought them my air balloons (about 20 pieces!; every girl likes balloons). So, of course, I had to inflate them all myself, but it was such an easy task for me, ex-flutist and current singer. But how excited the girls were! I love bringing people happiness.

The elder child Milena

The younger girl Milana,
the hero of the occasion

The advantage of that trip was my good opportunity to read "The Picture Of Dorian Gray". All the way on the bus to one point took a little more than an hour, so I spend 2 fine hours with the British classic.
Also I was taken by the weather on our way to Taranay. It was sooo foggy! And you know, I really adore fog. Well, it didn't come off on the photo, but IRL the fog would be approved even by Silent Hill, I bet.


Woopwoop, the song of the day? Let it be "I Wanna Be Yours" by the band "Arctic Monkeys", a lethargic song as well as all my day.



I wanna be your vacuum cleaner
Breathing in your dust
I wanna be your Ford Cortina
I won't ever rust
If you like your coffee hot
Let me be your coffee pot
You call the shots babe
I just wanna be yours

Secrets I have held in my heart
Are harder to hide than I thought
Maybe I just wanna be yours
I wanna be yours, I wanna be yours
Wanna be yours, wanna be yours, wanna be yours

Let me be your 'leccy meter and I'll never run out
And let me be the portable heater that you'll get cold without
I wanna be your setting lotion (I wanna be)
Hold your hair in deep devotion (How deep?)
At least as deep as the Pacific Ocean
I wanna be yours

Secrets I have held in my heart
Are harder to hide than I thought
Maybe I just wanna be yours
I wanna be yours, I wanna be yours
Wanna be yours, wanna be yours, wanna be yours
Wanna be yours, wanna be yours, wanna be yours...

I wanna be your vacuum cleaner
Breathing in your dust
I wanna be your Ford Cortina
I won't ever rust
I just wanna be yours
I just wanna be yours
I just wanna be yours




Be brave to handle with the things you don't like

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts