Monday, October 21, 2013

Literature Day

Today my day's been full of humanitarian, philological atmosphere, and that's why. The first lesson at school was literature. Then my friend and I went to the Olympiad for - you wouldn't believe - literature. And after it we had an optional lesson for - guess what? - literature! Yey! Thankfully, I love this subject, so it didn't bother me visiting all that literature stuff.
As you know, now I read "Peaches for Monsieur le Curé", and also still have an aim to finish "Master and Margarita" by Bulgakov. Moreover, to pass my literature exam well (better excellent) I should recall all our programme literature since the 9th and even earlier grade.
One my friend said he'd pass a final exam for literature, but he's going to enter the institute of oil development. That means he doesn't need literature to pass, so my question is why does he want to strain himself even more than we've all already strained? Anyway, it's his decision, and our option lessons will be funnier with him.
Nowadays at school we study Anton Chekhov, exacter - "The Cherry Orchard". I know Chekhov's plays are pretty popular in Europe theaters, and that fact makes me feel proud about Russian culture. For our island Chekhov is a special person, because he was here and even wrote the book "Sakhalin". Therefore we have everything in his honour: a street, a theater, a museum and etc. But what about me, I'm not so huge fan of Mr. Chekhov.
Well, if we have a literature day today, I can't help sending you a poem. Lately I show passion to our poets of the beginning of the XXth century. In general, my favourite poet is Alexander Blok, as you've already known, but also I love Marina Tsvetaeva, Robert Rozhdestvensky, Nikolay Gumilev, some works by Vladimir Mayakovsky. Of course, I prefer their poems about love, not about revolution. And here's a poem by Marina Tsvetaeva dedicated to my favourite Blok.

Your name is a finch in my hand,
A small bit of ice on tongue’s end
One movement of lips slightly stirred,
Your name is a four-letter word
A marble right-caught in mid-air,
A silvery tinkle of bells at a fair

A stone cast in a placid pond
Will snort in the likeness of family bond
As light as the clip-clop of horses’ hoofs,
As loud as the cling-clang of steel-shod hoofs ...
The dry-click of firing-pin at our head
Will sharply recall as your name is said

Your name is like – that I say not!
It’s like a kiss on the eyes wrought
When shut, they are laden with frosty grace …
Your name is like kissing a snow-swept glaze
A draught of cool blue from a spring-cleft rock,
Your name grants deep sleep around the clock

And a night picture today are with the quote from my favourite book "Chocolat" by Joanne Harris.


The song of the day is linked with the literature only with having lyrics. I've heard this song for the first time only today, but I've immediately recognized the style of "Rizzle Kicks". You know, I like those guys, and the song is "Skip To The Good Bit". Enjoy!




Be brave!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts