Thursday, October 22, 2015

I Know You Believe In Me Too

I haven't written silly things for awhile. I've noticed that my recent posts about the accents and the role models turned out to be pretty successful, and it can't fail to be pleasant and motivating! While writing them I might not have done any researches, but I did put much more knowledge in them, more smart thoughts, less unnecessary information. I've been reading various writing tips, so focusing on one theme is one of them. I don't think I'm ready to focus my whole blog on one theme, but I should do for one certain post at least. For example, I did a post about being a role model - it was only about that, nothing else like "Hm, btw also, I bought new jeans a couple of days ago, and the weather isn't so fine, yeah". But I'm aware that I'm about to break this rule right here right now - I do want to put my latest news and little thoughts and emotions and notes here at once. One famous Russian YouTuber Kate Clapp shoots videos every Friday in which she talks about everything that comes to her mind and happens in her life, just many little facile topics she'd like to discuss but that aren't worth a separate video. That's what I want to do too! Yes, I might tell myself not to write about worthless stuff, but I feel the need, I feel eager about that. So haters gonna hate - even the heater inside myself - and I'm gonna do whatever I do in my own freaking blog. Period.

So haters gonna hate - even the heater inside myself - and I'm gonna do whatever I do in my own freaking blog. Period.

Oh yes, you might have noticed that my blog became wider and I have just used that strange quotation feature. One more yes. I don't only develop my writing skills but also experiment with the site itself. I try to make it more readable and more interesting. And not so long ago I found the source of my inspiration - Mark Manson's blog. Mr. Manson puts himself as "Author. Thinker. Life Enthusiast.", and he is indeed. I found him with one of my Facebook friend's sharing, and now I can't help appreciating this blog. I like Manson's style of writing first of all - it's so easy-going and sarcastic from time to time, and still serious enough. He opens subjects I'm interested in such as traveling, the crux of relationships or procrastination. Moreover, Mr. Manson is very attached to his readers and frequently makes us, readers, happy with e-mails with new material or asking about something. The most amazing thing is that the author isn't too busy yet not to answer the letters from his fans. I would answer too, if I was written, though. A long-long time ago I used to do such a tag as VERY INTERESTING BLOG. And I think this paragraph is a very good example. So go, read Mark Manson's blog and learn some lessons!

Yesterday Tatyana and I went to a yoga class held on our campus. We tried one class last year, but we didn't like it. Usually, we practice yoga ourselves with the help of YouTube videos. While the temperature was warm enough, we did yoga outside, now we practice it inside conformably. We do it for our own pleasure only, nobody forced us. My friend and I really find joy in doing yoga, and we can see our bodies change for the better. But of course, we can't be totally sure if we do the poses right, and we always search for new ways of developing our physical skills. That's why yesterday we went to that yoga class - to try something new. And we liked it! First of all, I liked the instructor. Our local yogi was a young man, 3rd-year handsome student, who immediately made a good impression by reaching out his hand to me, as I walked into the room, saying, "Hi, I'm Vanya, what's your name?" No class can be bad with a charming teacher, especially when you came to that class on your own. There were not so many of us: the instructor, 4 other girls, Tatyana and me. The room was all white, and I paid my attention to that right when I came in - white is my favorite color, you know (and red). The practice itself was intense enough for my body to hurt today, and that hasn't happened for awhile. But it means that I had some really nice training. So Tatyana and I agreed on attending that yoga class once a week and be great with it.

I think I never wrote about what I bought myself as present for my birthday! I received a couple of gift cards to my favorite shops from Cherry Lady and Andrew, so I bought the presents on them though I had to pay in excess anyway. So my main purchase turned out to be... the latest Beyonce's fragrance Heat Kissed! The funny thing is that I bought it without even trying it because there was no tester. But when I opened the box and finally smelled the perfume, I loved it! And Cherry Lady loved it too because her own fragrance smells very similar.


Another gift I treated myself with was a plush cat toy, the famous Internet Pusheen the cat! Yes, that's what being 29 is like - you buy luxurious perfumes and plush toys. So, talking about Pusheen, I'm so into this character! I enjoy scrolling the pictures - isn't it funny and cute? And when I opened the official online store, I was shocked - so many items with Pusheen the cat! But I'm not sure if my cat toy is an official one. And, by the way, to defense myself, this Pusheen in my only plush toy in the dormitory. Now I can't help joking about me being a cat lady. Not so funny, tbh, you know.


Cherry Lady took a photo of embarrassingly
happy me with my new toy
AND to finish this amusing post (and to let me finish my homework, frankly speaking) I feel like sharing the song of the day. Let it be... 3 songs! Because I haven't put any songs for some time and I'm known to always have something to listen to. My recent discovery is a bilingual track by the Australian singer Josef Salvat called Open Season (Une Autre Saison). I've known this singer before, I still like his song Hustler. But Open Season is much more positive, though. This song has the English-only version, but I like this English-French mix. Sometimes you can't even tell when Josef changes the languages, the track sounds so good. And the title of this post is one of this song's lines! Check it out!


Another choice is Papercut by Zedd featuring Troy Sivan. I heard this song on the plane to LA while listening to the whole Zedd's album True Colors, so I associate Papercut as well as all the other songs from the record with the city of angels and my great travel.


Not a fan of club music? I've got something for you too. The last song is going to be a slow, melancholic track Over You by Ingrid Michaelson featuring A Great Big World. It's so beautiful and sad at the same time. And I say no more.








Be brave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts