Saturday, September 7, 2013

Scandinavian Meat-Balls: Tears, Cold, Hunger

Well well well, here I go. As I promised, there's a recipe for Scandinavian meat-balls with cowberry sauce. even though I promised to give it to you yesterday.
All you need is love:

  1. about 700 grams of minced meat (I had 1 kg)
  2. an onion (in my opinion, it's even too much)
  3. some bread
  4. milk or water (I used milk)
  5. cowberry itself
  6. a lemon
  7. 1 egg (because of the fact that I cooked a bigger amount of minced meat, I'd decided to use 1,5 eggs)
  8. inspiration



Firstly, I put the bread in the milk to make it soft. Before it I'd take crust of the bread off. I didn't count the time how long the bread was in milk, 'cause I let it lie there a long time doing funnier things, but the Internet said bread could soak for about 15 mins. Some people prefer water, but also tells it doesn't matter. Tastes are tastes.



Then my most tearful ordeal in my life began. I had to chop the onion. Actually, it was probably my second time I did it and the 1st time I did the whole onion. I forgot about the tip to wet my knife in cool water, but earlier I'd read that mint bubblegum helped not to weep during chopping. Well, I didn't have mint one, but I did original Japanese gum, so I tried to use it. Usual bubblegum does not work. Take your make up off before cooking, if you have sensitive eyes to these phytoncides as I do. For example, if my mom's chopping an onion in the kitchen, I can feel it with my eyes sitting in my room. Could you imagine, what was with me, when I was right above my poor onion cutting its integrity?? I seemed to become a new participant of "Kiss" band!



Then I washed my face, open the window, turn our hood on and my tears vanished away! I finished my onion aim, but my fingers are still smelling like the onion (already for 3 days).



I got already prepared minced meat, but if you can do it by yourself, you're cool. So I was ready to mixed everything together: meat, onion, bread and eggs.







The minced meat was taken right from the refrigerator, so I frostbited my hands while I was mixing all this stuff. After all mass was ready, it was the time of the most interesting part - forming balls. Right before it I'd prepared my kitchen-range with the frying pan. Don't forget to add some oil!
Also looking for a big soup-plate I found my cookie cutter I'd bought in Disneyland. They weren't even opened, so I decided to let them work a bit.




Then the time of the most delicious part became. Cowberry sauce! It's so simple and so tasty. Take 200 grammes of the berries, squeeze 1/3 of the lemon and add tea spoons of sugar. The next step is blending it, and that's all! Your unbelievable sauce is ready. Exactly it makes your usual meat-balls tastes so good.



And here coming the finish: meat-balls were fried, the sauce was blended, I was hungry.



The only thing I had time for before my rehearsal is to put everything on the table nicely. I ate some balls and ran away to sing, but when I returned home, mom and I had awesome supper.



Be brave, try new

P.S. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts