Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Things, They Change

And by morning,
Gone was any trace of you,
I think I am finally clean.
Taylor Swift, Clean

Yo, people, it's November! Welcome, November, please sit down, be a nice guy, because I do have plans for you.
If you know me well enough, so you're aware of my habit to have a 'seasonal depression' every November and April. It happens not because I want it so bad like "I'm so sick of being happy, let's act blue and all down for a month or two". Last year I found out why I lost my happiness and love to the world. So there are certain reasons of my depression:

  1. Weather. I hadn't even had an idea how much the weather influenced on me. And it still actually does. And November and April are pretty foggy times. I always say that I adore foggy weather. But when you have it for 30 days in a row, it really presses you down. Now I understand that I'm fed up with fogs and I need more sunshine. I realize now that living in St. Petersburg wouldn't be such a good decision because our North capital is known with its foggy weather all year round. 
  2. Music. I've always known that music plays a big role in my life. I listen to it every day. If I'm not wearing earphones, be sure that I'm likely to be singing something in my head. And so when the weather is all gray, I don't try to fight it with some positive and energetic tunes but I support it with melancholy and a bit depressing songs. 
  3. "Lonely Hearts Club". I'm a famous Single Lady and, you know, it's not all about the fun, to be honest. Of course, when I chance to listen to my friends' stories about their twisted relationships, I'm glad I don't have to deal with fuck boys. Sometimes I think  Good God just protects me from all that shit and there's someone who'll magically appear when I'm ready for 'one true love'. But you know, there are times you want to have a walk with someone who's more than a friend, send a lovely text to your crush and receive something nice back, embrace a body and a soul you're attached to. "So go on a date!" you might say. I'm bad at it. I don't know how to do it. Literally. I know that I'm pretty, I don't fall into being a complete bitch, but I try not to underestimate myself either. But guys don't run to me asking for my number or going out. And I don't feel confident to come up to a boy and ask him if he's free on a Friday night because once bitten, twice shy, but that's another story. 
  4. Overthinking. Damn it, you overthink too much too many things too, right? Just sum up everything that's written above, multiply it several times, repeat for days, and here you go! Overthinking sucks, but I can't help it. Why doesn't he reply me? What if I do everything wrong? Will I pass the exams? What should I do with my life once I graduate?

And if you're smart enough, you may understand yourself how to avoid that unwanted depression. Unfortunately, I can't control the weather and, as I mentioned, I'm bad with building relationships, but there are some things I do nowadays and I hold on cheerful vibe as long as possible.
  • Positive music. Don't let your own mind bring you down! Turn on the album Born This Way by Lady Gaga instead of the record Ultraviolence by Lana Del Rey. BTW, the track Born This Way is one of two songs that are 100% sure to cheer me up. So listen to some good and happy tunes, and you won't notice how you start nodding along. It mustn't be something super-exciting and excited like Shake It Off by Taylor Swift, but something confident and empowering for sure. Consider checking out Zedd's record True Colors if you like club music or Snoop Dogg's latest work Bush if you're into rap.
  • Get busy. DO SOMETHING! Stop staring at the ceiling thinking how great your crush is and how miserable you are and, I don't know, read anything. You'd better get overwhelmed with crazy troubles that fictional characters have than fictional troubles that crazy you don't have. I don't say that we should give up analyzing our lives, it's really useful actually. But btw reading good stuff, especially classics, will help you to solve some life issues and get over them. 
  • Experience new things. Try a parachute jump, explore a new place in your town or go to a bar. It may be not so new, but it always works for me #alcoholicoops. New experiences will distract your mind from thinking about how dull your life is, at least for a short time. And there are big chances to meet someone new there!
Yeah, I realize that there are hundred people, who have written all those things before me, and hundred people, who'll write the same after me, but everyone always adds something original, and maybe I'll save another pity soul, not only mine? I don't say that I strictly follow my all rules and you'll never find me crying in my pillow and discussing about life with my own reflection again. I'm still developing as a person, I still discover myself day by day. So instead of judging, you may just help me.
The title of this post is a line from The Courteeners' song Not Nineteen Forever, I put it in the post about my birthday, I believe. So the song of the day is going to be a very good song All Alright by my beloved guys Fun.! Even they know we all be all alright.







Be brave to hold on

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts