Saturday, September 26, 2015

Mulled Wine. Cows. L'Amore È Cieco. A Cattle-Wench.

Some days ago my dear roommate Cherry Lady and I had a decent evening, because we cooked... mulled wine! It turned out to be a piece of cake. My mom and I cooked it when I was on vacation in my hometown, but I only watched her doing that, and now I was a leader cooker. The easiest way to mull wine is to pour wine in the pot (well, we cooked in the multicooker), add cinnamon and sugar and heat it all up not bringing to the boil. But we don't make things easy. On pouring semi-dry red Italian wine into the bowl, we added a special mix  of spices for mulled wine (if you create it yourself, frankly speaking you can add anything, but it's preferable to be cinnamon and cloves as minimum), an apple, an orange, half bottle of orange juice (some use pure water), sugar (pretty much) and turn the heat on. Our mulled wine came off delicious! Now we know what we will cook for our New Year party. And every winter weekend starting from November. One more recipe in my mental bank!
Also I wanna share with you what I find hilarious at our university. You know, FEFU develops really fast, we have a beautiful campus, one of a kind in Russia. There are plenty of serious and important international events held on our campus. But during the warm period of year now and then you can face... cows. Cows pasture around by the roads, right near the university fence. I think it's ridiculous! Poor animals got used to eat their grass on these meadows when there was no campus, and now their memory leads them back. I don't even know who owns the cows and let them pasture whenever they want. I also have a funny guess that they belong to the university's School Of Biomedicine, where they can create something innovative out of the cows' milk. Anyhow some days ago I chanced to take a pretty stylish photos of the cows pasturing right in the middle of the road.


As long as we're back to our studies, we've met some new and not so new teachers. One of the teachers taught us in the very first semester (it's our 3rd semester now) and I really liked her very much. I knew that she would teach us the foreign literature this semester, and I looked forward to it. And what my surprise was when at our first class I learnt that she, my favorite teacher, knew Italian! I murmured "Mi ciamo Olga" to Cherry Lady sitting next to me, but the teacher heard it and asked: "Parli italiano?" When I answered, she asked some more little questions in Italian, but I hadn't practiced it for awhile, so I wasn't able to reply her properly. That's why nowadays I furiously catch up on my Italian knowledge. And try to expand the French one at once too as we have more French classes this year. By the way, French tongue-twisters should burn IN HELL!!
So should one of our groupmates. This guy has always been a pain in ass, but recently he's been acting in such a ridiculous way! I won't retell you the whole story, but he ended up calling me and Cherry Lady "cattle-wenches"! HOW DARED HE CALL ME A CATTLE-WENCH??! AND MY FRIEND??! UGHR! The end of the story was a fight that motherfucker and his roommate VS. our group leader Anton and one groupmate's boyfriend. Of course, Anton and the Co. won. Goddamn, it sounds like the nineties... #facepalm
Here's my little notes about what have happened in my life. The song of the day... I think I have too many. But ok, today I'm giving you "Runnin' (Lose It All)" by Naughty Boy feat. Beyonce and Arrow Benjamin. The video is absolutely stunning.


[Verse 1: Beyoncé]
These four lonely walls have changed the way I feel
The way I feel, I'm standing still
And nothing else matters now, you're not here
So where are you? I've been callin' you, I'm missin' you

[Pre-Chorus: Beyoncé]
Where else can I go? Where else can I go?
Chasin' you, chasin' you
Memories turn to dust, please don't bury us
I got you, I got you

[Chorus: Beyoncé]
Runnin', runnin', runnin', runnin'
Runnin', runnin', runnin'
Ain't runnin' from myself no more
Together we'll win it all
I ain't runnin', runnin', runnin', runnin'
Runnin', runnin', runnin'
Ain't runnin' from myself no more
I'm ready to face it all
If I lose myself, I lose it all

[Verse 2: Arrow Benjamin]
I've outrun the fears that chased, they're standin' still
I'm runnin' still, I'm runnin' still
And every voice that cried inside my head, forever drives
Forever drives, I kill the lights

[Pre-Chorus: Arrow Benjamin]
Where else can I go? Where else can I go?
Chasing you, chasing you

[Chorus: Arrow Benjamin + Beyoncé]
Runnin', runnin', runnin', runnin'
Runnin', runnin', runnin'
Ain't runnin' from myself no more
Together we'll win it all
I ain't runnin', runnin', runnin', runnin'
Runnin', runnin', runnin'
Ain't runnin' from myself no more
I'm ready to face it all
If I lose myself, I lose it all




Be brave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts