Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Time To Steal The Show

I haven't done posts like this for awhile. Today I just want to post songs that caught my attention lately. Just feel like sharing lovely songs and my thoughts on them. Let's go!
I'll start with a couple of songs by Zedd - he's pretty popular nowadays, isn't he? I discovered his album "True Colors" on my way abroad, and some tracks went down to my playlist. The first one (though it's the last one on the album) is "Illusion" feat. Echosmith. It's so fabulous! Even though there aren't many words, but I appreciate each of them. And the melody is fine, can't deny.


And another song by Zedd that I'd like to share is "Daisy". It's just nice, I don't have much to say about it, I just enjoy listening. Also I like "Beautiful Now", so check it out yourself if you feel like.


I can't ignore miss Lana Del Rey with her recent hit "High By The Beach". I wasn't impressed with her album "Ultraviolence", so I was interested what her new music would bring. And I was struck! I love the song so much, it's so beautiful! Magnificent! "Honeymoon" is awesome too, so lingering and mystic, though "Terrence Loves You" is a bit boring in my opinion. All in all I can't wait for her full new album.


Let's go back to some rhythmic stuff with Tove Lo and her single "Talking Body". I know, I'm a bit slow with this one, the track isn't new at all, but you know me, it's just the way I discover new things. Anyhow I fell for it! So catchy and provocative and funny! Just the way I like.


The next song differs much from Tove Lo. It's "Firecracker" by Ryan Adams, but to be more exact, the acoustic version - I prefer it more. I found this song for myself with the help of one guy while I was travelling abroad. He sang it to me when we kinda exchanged our guitar-singing skills. When I first heard it, I didn't understand much, but I got that it was so catchy that even after a drunk night I remembered something about firecracker... Later when I listened to the song more attentively, I wondered that the man who'd sung it to me had chosen it so perfectly, it was right about that night, wasn't it? He was such a firecracker burning hard and bright. I bet he knows it;)


Another song on this list is "Heart Like Yours" by Willamette Stone. I don't know the singer, they say the song was used in a movie, but I don't know it either. And take "Toothpaste Kisses" by The Maccabees right away. I found these two songs together.


I think it's enough for today, though I have plenty of songs to share, you know my musical soul. But I'll leave them for another time, or just keep them for "The Songs Of The Day". But today's song of the day will be a popular dance track by a Norwegian DJ Kygo called "Stole The Show". When I first saw it on TV with its video, I was fascinated by it, I really like the astronautical theme. And then Dasha also sent me the track, so I couldn't resist it.


Darling, darling, oh, turn the lights back on now
Watching, watching, as the credits all roll down
Crying, crying, you know we're playing to a full house, house

No heroes, villains, one to blame
While wilted roses filled the stage
And the thrill, the thrill is gone
Our debut was a masterpiece
But in the end for you and me
Oh, the show, it can't go on

We used to have it all, but now's our curtain call
So hold for the applause, oh
And wave out to the crowd, and take our final bow
Oh, it's our time to go, but at least we stole the show
Least we stole the show

Darling, darling, you know that we are sold out
Kisses fading, but the band plays on now
We're crying, crying, so let the velvet roll down, down

No heroes, villains, one to blame
While wilted roses fill the stage
And the thrill, the thrill is gone
Our debut was a masterpiece
Our lines we read so perfectly
But the show, it can't go on

We used to have it all, but now's our curtain call
So hold for the applause, oh
And wave out to the crowd, and take our final bow
Oh, it's our time to go, but at least we stole the show
Least we stole the show







Be brave to steal the show

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts