Monday, February 23, 2015

Sic Vives

Time goes on, I'm back in Vladivostok, we got French as our second language at university, I started a really important thing and learn four languages at once. Ta-daaa!
That really important thing is work. I started working! I told you a thousand times I wanted to become a tutor since the second semester, and I did it! Isn't it a great step in my life? It's definitely something I would write down in my autobiography. I became the English tutor for a boy, and I've already had a real full lesson with him, and everything went well. Since March I'm about to start working with a girl, but I still wait for their call. Even if I'm left with one boy to study, because it takes a lot of time and power to get to the city, I may spend about an hour on buses only to reach the place of my destination. But finally this is where I read and not waste my cell phone battery.
Last week my student organisation started its lectures, and so they started to teach us how to become teachers of their summer camp. I aim at working there for one term, I won't be able to work there for another term, because...
I have a huge announcement for you, world! In the end of summer, but in the beginning of August I'll go to... the USA! Yey!  I did decide to use my American visa one more time and have already bought the plane tickets. I'll go off to LA through Japan on the 2nd of August and be heading back to Russia through Japan again on the 11th of August, though I'll land to Vladivostok on the 13th only. After that I plan on visiting my hometown. I know, it won't be for long, and there are plenty of time till August from now, but I don't want to spend a lot of time in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk either. I love my hometown for people living there, but on seeing them I don't have much to do there. You know, on the last week of staying at home I started seeing my university in my dreams. I've got a new life, and I'm in love with that. The past is past.
While I keep on reading "Lolita" by V. Nabokov in the original, yesterday I started reading "The Plague" by the French author Albert Camus. Even though we study French, I hope you understand I read it translated into Russian, I like that book, it's kinda sad-philosophical thing I like. I guess I'll 'kill' it pretty fast, the story is really fascinating.
Yesterday Russia stopped celebrating Maslenitsa - a week when we eat a lot of thin pancakes, have fun and visit relatives, On Saturday our university had an event about it, and I even participated there as a musician! A host picked me out of the crowd and gave me an old Russian musical instrument that's actually a wash board. You know, Russians can play a saw even.

Yeah, I'm wearing red-blue shirt and a wash board on my neck
The same day, right before the event, Tanya, Rodion and I had a walk around our campus, it was snowing that time, very beautiful, though I don't approve of snowing in Vladivostok, I long for spring. So my friends and I decided to... walk on water! Well, I mean on ice. Our bay got frozen during the winter, so we could have a walk. 


Looks much like "Interstellar", isn't it?



When I'm on my way to my work, I have an opportunity to see the most beautiful views I so adore. The views of cities always take over my heart. And I take photos of them.













Be brave


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts